Have you ever wondered how many objectives you should include in a proposal? Join us for a discussion (led by an expert in program evaluation) on how to design clear outcomes and objectives that will strengthen your application, without placing undue burden on your program. Make sure the objectives you include in your proposal can be readily measured so you can clearly report meaningful results to funders.
This session will address:
- How to design SMART goals
- Common pitfalls when setting goals
- Understanding formative vs. summative goals
- Identifying appropriate measurement tools
- How to report progress on goals
- Review examples from different fields of programming
Nora Phelan, MPA, Research Associate, Measurement Incorporated. Nora has sixteen years of experience in program evaluation, working with a range of program areas including primary and secondary education, out-of-school time, teacher development, college access, juvenile justice, foster care, mental health, and affordable housing. Prior to her work at MI, Nora was an internal evaluator with nonprofit organizations including Community Impact at Columbia University and Good Shepherd Services. Nora is also a skilled graphic designer of logic models and data visualizations, and she enjoys helping teams uncover the power of data to influence positive change.
- 11:45 AM: Announcements & Networking
- 12 - 1:15 PM: Program
- Non-members: $25
- Members: FREE! Join GPLH today and attend this event for free!
ZOOM link will be sent to registrants.