GPLH is pleased to offer the Founder’s Scholarship Fund, which will provide one-year memberships to GPLH.
The scholarships are made possible by a generous contribution from Lydia Howie, President of Howie Grant Writing & Consulting, LLC, and GPLH founder. Lydia sought to create an organization that would bring grant writers and aspiring grant writers together to provide educational events and networking opportunities as well as raise the profile of the grant writing as a skill-based profession.
Scholarships are available for up to one year to potential members who can show significant financial need and a desire to network with grant writers in a multitude of fields. Preference will be given to new members or those currently unemployed.
Scholarship recipients are expected to serve on a committee and attend webinars and Connections Calls throughout the year.
How to apply for a scholarship
To apply for a scholarship for a one-year GPLH membership, complete this short application. Applications can be submitted throughout the year but will be reviewed twice a year, March 31st and September 30th. Please make sure to complete the application at least 24 hours before the deadline.
Benefits of GPLH membership
GPLH is dedicated to professional development and helping the people who write grants be more effective, so the organizations and people we support have the resources they need to fulfill their missions.
GPLH members receive:
- Exclusive access to a member’s only page on our website where you can view past educational webinars.
- Free admission for all education events / webinars.
- Email notifications about grant writing jobs and consulting opportunities.
- E-blasts on industry news, survey results, and more.
- Extensive networking opportunities with other grant writers
- CONNECTION CALLS where members “talk shop,” share resources, and get valuable advice from peers.
- Opportunity to participate in our internship program which pairs experienced grant writers with those newer to the field.
- Scholarship opportunities for educational enrichment.